Questions like "What do I want to be doing in 10 years" are definitely provocative. Especially when you are forced to go beyond the practical and merely dream. When education and money are out of the way, you are left with the heart of what you want. The funny thing is, what I dream about doing and what I practically intend to do, are exactly the same thing. My whole life I have been fascinated by medicine. The idea of taking away someone's pain, providing healing, always seemed almost miraculous. When I was little and would think about what I wanted to be when I reached that elusive thing called adulthood, I liked to imagine myself as a doctor labouring in lands where no other help exists. The adventure of it thrilled me. And surprisingly, that particular dream never died.
As I have gotten older, I realised that I was created to help people. My heart is directed toward them and I desperately want to heal whatever is hurting them. I have always felt passionate about countries where people die every day because they cannot have that kind of help. We keep it from them, without excuse. Maybe this is my way of apologising to those people on behalf of the rest of the Western world. Somehow, I want to right the wrong and introduce some justice into this fallen universe.
My actual plan is to major in nursing and probably get a masters degree. Then I will wait and see which doors open. I believe that God has called me to minister to people by healing their bodies before I offer balm to their souls. And I know that the God who created me for this purpose will be faithful and lay out the way for me to carry out His plan.
Why a B2B startup is placing a bet on a $7M Super Bowl ad
-
Papaya Global bought a Super Bowl ad slot with the hope of the commercial
driving brand recognition for the software company.
© 2024 TechCrunch. All righ...
2 years ago
char :) I love your passion for life and for glorifying God, personally i think He will do great things with you to bless many people :)
ReplyDeletealways thought you'd be the.... grammer type. but i guess a doctor also might fit your image. in the intellectual sense.
ReplyDeletewhich medical career are you thinking of?
That is awsome!!! that was touching! I agree completely w/ you:) I would be no good at being a doctor though:P
ReplyDeleteI really didn't think you COULD get a master's degree in nursing. Didn't think such a thing existed. But still, thats awesome Char. And maybe I just MIGHT get u an awesome car someday :P
ReplyDelete