Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What do I think about Facebook?

It is amusing to me how Facebook had become so controversial, and so wide spread. Usually, I've found the older generations are more wary of it, while the younger generation often refuses to see any potential downsides to it. I'm not so naive as to say that Facebook is perfect, but I love how it keeps me in touch with people. I have friends spanning the globe: old friends and new friends, who I would find it very difficult to keep track of. With Facebook, I can see what is happening with my childhood friend in London, my aunt in Houston, and my friends in Malaysia. Without Facebook, I would have lost touch with most of these people long ago. My security settings are pretty high, so I have control over who sees what, so I feel safe putting my personal information on the internet.

Besides keeping in touch with long lost friends, Facebook helps me keep track of happenings where I am. I use Facebook to ask my teachers questions, plan events with my friends, make sure I am up to date with all the news in our community. Facebook can be difficult to pull away from, and I have had trouble limiting my time on it so that I wouldn't waste my time. But the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment